Monday, May 30, 2011

Dollhouse Transformed to Firestation

I found an old shell of a dollhouse on a curb last summer. I picked it up without knowing yet what I was going to do with it. My husband would call that a bad habit. Lol! My son was totally obsessed with fireman so I decided he needed a fire station for Christmas. I had a lot of trouble finding the perfect one online and they were very expensive...so I created my own.


The dollhouse started out light wood. I began by sanding it down and spray painting it red.



The next step was to cut out a small hole and install a fire pole. The fire pole was a wooden rod painted silver.






I used some small brick dollhouse paper on the front and varied colors and patterns of contact paper in the house for flooring and wall paper. I sewed a rug, blankets, and pillows from fireman themed fabric.



I used black and yellow felt to sew coats to hang in the lockers.



The rest of it was dollhouse furniture from when I was a little girl.



It was a huge hit with my little fireman.


Sound the alarm! 

Parties I linked to:



 

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! My son would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a fire house, and you did such a great job! I really like all of the special touches and the furniture that you kept from when you were a little girl...how fun! I made a dollhouse from an old bookcase if you want to check it out... http://secondchancesbysusan.blogspot.com/search/label/dollhouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing idea! I have three boys so a dollhouse has never even crossed my mind, but I am sure they would LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...