Monday, June 20, 2011

Microwave Corn on the Cob

I am always amazed when I talk to my friends and family how many people do not know this little timesaver to make corn on the cob. Corn on the cob is such a wonderful treat for lunch or dinner and it does not have to be time consuming to cook...if you use the microwave.


Yes. This is really the corn I just took out of the microwave.

For starters, remove the husk off of the corn. I always give it a good scrub to get off the silk. Wrap each cob in a paper towel and then run it under the water faucet.  (Does not require boutique packaging. Literally throw the paper towel around the corn) Squeeze off some excess so you are not dripping water all the way to the microwave.



Microwave one ear for 4-5 minutes. It generally takes me about 8 minutes for two ears. Remove from the microwave with tongs. Let cool for several minutes, butter, and enjoy!

FYI: Might be the best teething food in the world for toddlers. Here is my little monster enjoying his lunch.


Parties I linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...