Sunday, December 18, 2011

Candy Cane Playdough Favors with Printable

The kids are out for winter break, but it would not be Christmas, without a school party. We signed up for favors for the goody bags. I went to the store to look for an easy quick buy...with NO luck. It is hard to buy favors for 2 and 3 year olds. I went home discouraged, and decided to make some of my own. Playdough is so simple and easy to make, and it is a always a hit with the kiddos.


Here is a recipe for the playdough. There are a million around the Internet, but I have to say I like the Kool-Aid recipes best. The smell and color is amazing. Find the free printable here.


We made two batches of playdough. One was just plain and the other we used a red koolaid mix. Then we rolled them into logs...


And twisted them together into candy canes.


I sent them off to school. I found out later, the teachers actually let them play with them during the day. I was so happy that it was not another gadget treat sack favor, that never was played with.

On a funny note..here was our attempt at making a gingerbread barn. Pitiful! I guess prepared crafts don't work well for me. Lol! We sure did have fun in the attempt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...