Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Party

Oh Toodles! What could be more fun then a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party. With catchy music and bright fun characters, what child does not like Mickey Mouse. I offered to help a cousin with some of her little girl's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party. She did most of it herself because she is so creative, but I helped with a few fun games, ideas, and treats. Here is our combination effort.



The table with Mickey and Minnie Decor.


Heavy duty black paper cut into the Mickey Mouse shapes served as placemats personalized for each child.


And what better to serve then hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dogs! 


Cupcakes with chocolate cookies as ears


Mickey Mouse Memory: This game was purchased at the store, but could be easily made at home. We used sticky tack to adhere the cards to the wall and the game was played just like old-fashioned memory. The kids just loved pulling the cards on and off the wall to make their matches.


Mickey is known for his mouskatools..so the kids were given shapes and numbers to hunt throughout the entire house.


How exciting to find a match!



I created a Mickey/Minnie themed game for the kiddos. I will show instructions how to make it step by step further down this post. Some of the sucker ends were marked with black marker in advance for the game. Each child took a turn picking a sucker. This is the birthday girl Whitney.


If your sucker had a black dot on the end you kept that sucker and picked another one. Your turn ends when you pick a sucker without a black dot. However, you keep all the suckers you choose on the way.


These were some of the prizes for the games. The funny part is the kids were enjoying the games so much, that we forgot to actually hand out the prizes. (They were just black paper Mickey heads taped to the back of colorful suckers)



These Tootsie Toodles are another favor I dreamed up. I melted tootsie rolls in the microwave for about 7 seconds to make them more pliable. One tootsie served as the head and another Tootsie was split in half to make two ears. These were so fast to make. I just formed and squished the tootsies together to make my version of Tootsie Toodles.


Here is the birthday card for sweet Whitney, the birthday girl.

Now for the directions to making the sucker game...

Directions:

1. I started by tracing the lid of one of our containers. I used a glass bowl as the template for Mickey's ears.


2. This is how it looked once I traced it with a sharpie marker.


3. Next, I used a jigsaw to cut out the Mickey Mouse figure.


4. I used a drill bit to drill tons of holes all over the face. Then I quickly sanded it down, to get rid of the rough spots.


5. This is what it looked like after one coat of black spray paint. We are almost there...


Tie on a cute bow. Then I just screwed on a scrap 2x4 and it stood up perfectly.

Toodles! I hope Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes to visit your house for a party someday soon!!


10 comments:

  1. What a fun party! We had Minnie party for my daughter in September. I wish I'd seen the sucker game then! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am doing a Mickey Mouse party for my son next month, so I am bookmarking this page for sure. I love that sucker game, and I love the Mickey Mouse placemats. So many great ideas. Thanks for linking up to Oopsey Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea with the Mickey Mouse lollipops! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I too love that sucker game idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Granddaughter will love this party - Minnie is her favorite!! Thanks!
    Your newest followers via toys in the dryer

    Kyra @ caramelpotatoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute idea! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-) I also wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties.
    Have a great weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun party!!! I love your Minnie Mouse sucker game... so creative. I would like to invite you to share this at Sharing Saturday -

    http://www.mamamiasheart2heart.com/2012/01/sharing-saturday-am-thrilled-to-be.html

    Have a happy day
    ~MiaB

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun party!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you buy the favor boxes???

      Delete
    2. I believe Party City. It was a while ago. Sorry!

      Delete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...