Monday, June 25, 2012

Deviled Eggs Without Mayo

Sorry I have been missing in action. I went to an amazing destination wedding in Mexico for my husband's cousin. My husband and I left the kids with my parents, and had a wonderful vacation with almost 30 friends and family. (Our family does not do anything small). The wedding was gorgeous and I will share pictures very soon.

In the meantime, the 4th of July is just around the corner and our family always has a large pool party. One of my favorite pot luck foods is deviled eggs. But...does anyone dislike mayonnaise as much as me? Ok, even if you don't, I love making deviled eggs with ranch. I feel like it is hard to screw any recipe up with ranch in it. Yum!


Ingredients:

Hard-boiled eggs
2 tbsp sweet relish
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup ranch dressing
Paprika


I love use fresh eggs from our house to make deviled eggs. However, hard-boiling fresh eggs can be harder, because the shell does not like to peel as well. That is why my eggs may appear a little misshapen. Ha! It is reccomended in most recipe books to wait at least a week from when you buy eggs at the store to hard boil them.

Directions:

1. Hard boil eggs. Peel shell and cut hard-boiled eggs in halves lengthwise


2. Remove yolks and mash with a fork until fluffy in a small bowl. Mix in sweet relish, mustard, salt, and ranch dressing until smooth.


3. Fill a plastic bag with yolk mixture. Cut corner of bag to create a small hole to pipe filling into each egg white. Chill until ready to serve. Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired.


If you are a ranch lover like me you may like this recipe for Last Minute Ranch Potatoes too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...