Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Watermelon-Cucumber Salad

I must admit this is the most refreshing salad I have had in a long time! My kids even liked it! I have seen similar recipes for a few months, and I finally tried a variation of a recipe from Country Living Magazine. It was the perfect compliment to our dinner tonight.
 
I think it would be perfect for parties, baby showers, or any potluck event. I am always looking for something I can whip up last minute to bring to one of our family events. I think this watermelon-cucumber salad would be a real crowd pleaser.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
3 cups diced watermelon
1 thinly sliced cucumber
1 tbsp olive oil
Scant amount of Vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Feta Cheese
 
Directions:
 
1.Combine the first 6 ingredients and top with feta cheese
2. Enjoy!!
 
 
Here are our two new precious goats born this week. They are sweethearts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I will try this - looks good. And easy. Which is a great combo. - Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to put watermelon and cucumber together. Awesome! I'm always on the lookout for new salad ideas (especially for the hot summer days)!

    That baby goat is soooo cute!

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I just posted my comment or lost it...Been one of those days! This recipe sounds great, we eat a lot of watermelon and the ingredients are ones that I always have in the house in the summer, so I have no excuse for not trying it out.

    Popped over from the #SHINEbloghop......Baby goats are the cutest....And the cheekiest!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...